Saturday, July 11, 2009

HOT-HOT-HOT - Triple Digits on the Farm!

This week can only be described with a three letter word - HOT~ ! and I didn't really do much but move equipment and deliver bids, and deliver more material and more material and stuff. This was the first full week of having two crews running and we knew we would be running non-stop! A total of 11 houses were roofed this week. On Thursday, the actual temperature recorded by the Weather Service was 118 degrees. It felt like you were sitting in an oven with a fan going. Weird! I have no idea how our crews survived this week - I guess they are TOUGH!! Our dogs have been hiding out in the house even when I leave for the day - L.T. thinks he doesn't need to go outside in this weather at all. Tonight is the night for his summer DO. I'll post it for all to see when Dad gets done with him. It's always good for a good Hoot to see L.T. right after his summer do! When the northerners head this way - better make sure your AC works - and I mean really well! Looks like more of the same next week in the forecast. It did cool down today to only 103 - since it's a little bit overcast. Papa picked more corn yesterday and I froze it along with zuchinni. I keep dropping off squash to unsuspecting souls when no one is home. :) You could be next~~~Tomorrow all the potatoes are getting dug up before the soil turns to concrete. Our tomatoes are producing now and we're getting some beans.

No idea how these daisies bloom in this heat - with the Vizsla looking on.
Junior is steadily growing along with Bubba and LuLu.
They are already heavy weights.
My attempt at wildflowers. They didn't come up too well but
they are on their own. No water or weeding from me.

Pa headed out with the big truck to make 2 deliveries before Monday.

He has a pretty big load here. Just need an air conditioner in this heat!!!

1 comment:

momof4 said...

I have been running to practice for the triatholon and have been hot! It was only 75 up here...we will probably melt when we come to visit! Next year, remind me I don't want to visit until Sept. or Oct.