Sunday, October 24, 2010

Some Autumn Activities~

I haven't taken much for pictures lately - although the fall trees here have been gorgeous!! Maybe I'll venture outside and take some tomorrow if the wind doesn't blow them all to the next county.... Bruce said it is suppose to be super windy! :( We have officially started calving season last sunday. Fuzzy was the first to have her calf. Noticed a cow was missing in the morning on Thursday so I saddled up Blackie to find her! She was way out north with no baby but she wasn't thrilled to see Blackie, me or Emmy. We left and later that evening, we had another new baby. I don't have any pictures to show because neither Mama lets us get very close. Very protective Mamas. Isn't it amazing how God has equipped all of the mothers on this planet to protect their young? I'll see if I can get close enough to get a picture later this week.



I found this picture on my camera that I hadn't erased and thought it was really cool! When Carrie and I were gone to a quilting meeting, Bruce created this house (Fort) for the kids! It even had a carpet inside! Pretty creative!! Papa even hauled it to the shed for all the grandkids to enjoy when they are here.



Notice the entrance to the Fort with a chimney and window!

Here it is - the triticayle! sp



Another picture so you can see how straight the rows are drilled. Good job of planting K-Man and Papa! Notice Blackie in the coral.....


This is Blackie out in the pasture with his good buddy Frankie Donkey! It's the first time that Blackie's been turned out for over 3 months! He sure enjoyed grazing on some sweet grass!! Isn't he pretty????



I hope all my beautiful Grandkids have a wonderful and spooky Halloween - I'm sure they will all be so excited to get dressed up and bring in a ton of candy on sunday! I still have wonderful memories of our boys doing that - it seems like it was only yesterday! Happy Halloween!!


1 comment:

momof4 said...

Tell Papa thanks for building the fort! The kids can't wait until they can try it out again. Although Papa might have to be brainstorming some warm inside fort ideas for our next visit. :)