Friday, September 30, 2011

The Gyp Hills - ML Peace Treaty Pageant

When all the kids were home, we had an early lunch and then headed to Medicine Lodge to experience the wonderful Peace Treaty signing with 5 different indian tribes back in the day...  Upon arriving at the grounds, Carrie, Shawn, the kids and I headed out to visit with the characters in the pageant and look at some of the wagons up close.  That in itself was quite an experience!! We got to pet the big belgians, view the character's clothing and guns, wagons, indian dress, etc. So many questions. Kelton was brave and jumped in a wagon and even set on a seat but of course, I didn't take my camera out there. Had my hands full of kids..... But I know they all loved it cause they told me so!! We were so thankful Jo was here for this extravaganza - although I suspect she may not have recovered from our crew yet.....

Aunt Jo and Kelton...
She asked Kelton if he remembered her and he said No. They had fun too..
 Meeting the characters before the re-enactment.
 Time to eat- the chuckwagon is setting up!
 You tell me, do they look like they are having fun??? The real indian in the background had on an absolutely beautiful costume. His tail feathers were from an eagle!!
 The calvary ready to save the day.
 The fight is On..... kids loved this....
 Konnor drank lots of water and loved his apple while watching the pageant.
 Indians appeared at the wagon train.
 Papa and Katie and K-Girl taking in the sights.
 The stagecoach was a huge hit! The team of 4 up worked really well....
 The real indians in authentic dress....
the calvary again.....

The video below is a clip of the indians as they were finishing their dances.
All in all, we had a great day!  We were tired by the end and I don't know who needed to be put to bed worse -  the kids, the parents, or the grandparents!  Thank you Lord for our family.....and all of your beautiful creations!

1 comment:

momof4 said...

We had such a great time. I know that my kid will remember this trip for a long time to come! Thanks for taking us and helping to corral the kids.