Thursday, November 10, 2011

Some changes at the farm!

We had a wonderful surprise on Monday - RAIN! It wasn't a lot but it certainly has greened the wheat up around here. Farmers are really loving it! and so are we.

We've been talking about putting a screened in porch out west of the house for some time but never have gotten around to it. There are several reasons but first and foremost is the hail factor.  When going from the house to the cellar in a storm - usually get blinded by driving rain and beaned by hail. Not fun - (voice of experience here!) Secondly, I hate those steps! Since I fell off of them and landed on my face and knees - that also wasn't fun! Probably didn't help that both arms were full and didn't want to make another trip to the car - you know it's in our genes to get everything in one trip!! Right?? Thirdly, it would be a lot cooler in the summer. And last, it covers up that horrible looking concrete! Bruce has barely gotten started - seems like people still need guttering and roofs - so this project will happen a little at a time! It would be nice to have the boys home for a weekend to get it framed up, but I'm sure it will get done.



 Of course Emmy is right in the middle of all the action....
 This is a little hard to maneuver carrying groceries...
You should see Penney go under it and Emmy and L.T. jump over it.. :)
 And now -  we have new babies arriving. I love our baby calves! Always have since I was a little girl.
That is Trudy and her baby is the red one - I believe I'll name her Luty! Isn't she pretty?
 Luty and her friend - also a little girl - no name for her yet. Maybe the K-kids can help!
 Took a walk today in the pasture which I do quite often. Especially now since it is hunting season - deer season in Oklahoma. You can hear the rifles early in the a.m. and p.m. so I stick close to home for my walks. Penney, Emmy and L.T. just LOVE to go check out all the critters. Not sure what Emmy got up today, but she was in overdrive..........chasing the little critter.
 This is my favorite spot on the farm - I love to spend time on that bluff overlooking the creek and looking down at the cattle. It is our home ........so many memories. Uh oh, I'm getting a little teary eyed....
 Penney is never far from my side on our walks - she runs back to check on me and make sure I'm coming. She is 16 now and has really aged this summer!
 My faithful friend - also a K-State fan!

The holidays are coming soon - I'm always excited when everyone can come home!
Faith, family, and friends .........God is so Good!

1 comment:

momof4 said...

Looks like Papa, Emmy and the cows have been busy. Makes me wonder what Nana's been doing??? Where are the quilting pictures? Love you guys!

Save something for K-man to do! :)