Sunday, April 8, 2012

A friend laid to rest....

Today started out so wonderful with our Risen Savior on this beautiful Easter Sunday.  So much Good News to proclaim on this very very special day. Bruce and I went to Sunrise Service at the Yazel ranch and the service began at 6:45. I have quite a few beautiful pictures of the 3 crosses as the service progressed.....
 When we first began -
 next,
 Beautiful
 until the service was almost complete,
 and finally -
 He is Risen ..... Gorgeous Son Rise!

Frankie our little donkey hasn't been feeling well - and we had a veteriniarian out on friday morning to examine him and he gave him a big antibiotic. The Dr. never had a diagnosis, but my sister thinks maybe the Rhino flu hit him.  Anyways, Frankie died today and we are SOOOOO Sad.  I know seven grandkids that will truly miss him. The last kids to see him were Kelton, Katie, and Konnor. These are the only snapshots I got of them that day.....


 He truly did love the kids and he looked forward to their visits. You may think I'm nuts, but it is so true. He would get a little depressed after they would leave.... moping around, and hee hawing for his little friends.
Poor Bruce has had to bury so many of our "friends" over the years. Eli & Calyja - our rodeo mules, Miss Kitty and her yearling Angel, Joy Bar, and now Frank..  As you can see, Cheyenne will dearly miss him. As I came in the house she was still whinnying for him, but she knows in her heart that he is gone....

As I'm writing this through my tears, I don't know if I can bear many more of our cherished and dear friends to pass on. We have buried so many dogs as well, but our Lord has put them in our life for us to enjoy, and I honestly can say that Frank brought only JOY to our family.....  So as the day ends, the sun sets, and my heart is very heavy.....I thank God he was in our lives for the last 17 years. You will indeed be misssed little friend. Rest in peace!


2 comments:

momof4 said...

We are so sorry for your loss! It's hard to lose a pet, especially when they feel like faily. Poor Frankie donkey. We've had lots of talking about death and heaven in the last couple of days.

Theresa said...

Such a sad day. We're planning to tell the kids tonight. Everyone will miss sweet Frankie.