Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's County Fair Time!

Every year the county fair rolls around and I usually help with entering open class quilts and oftentimes help the judge in the afternoon. This year was no exception, so on Friday - I took 7 of my quilts, clothing, etc. and got them entered. I was excited that my McKenna Ryan Art quilt won the "Judges Choice" award! She really LOVED it! So below are a few pictures of it!
 This was all made with batiks which I love!




 and the kids had a great time playing outside in the pool. What imaginations they have! They were swimming to Candy Island!  Sounds yummy....

 and of course the horses needed a little love!
 Meant to ride Cheyenne but we ran out of time!
 Then there was rocket launching time... Kelton and Eric had build some model rockets so we got to watch them launch.. Sure did fly high! Konnor and Papa went out in the pasture to wait on the parachute from the rocket.
 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and we have blastoff!
 Katie was on recovery mission! Success!
and another one is getting another engine!
Got a some canning done too! Zucchini pineapple and zucchini relish that Theresa made. I only helped a little with shredding. The zucchini pineapple tasted just like crushed pineapple - really! After talking to some of my bible study friends, they said they have done it for quite some time! I must live under a rock! Today, I canned another 4 quarts so think I am done with that!
 
We also went to the rodeo on Saturday and walked around the fair! I believe the kids all had a great time! I was certainly ready for bed on Sunday!
 

No comments: