Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The L2 is now dressed ~

I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted a blog but it seems everyday is packed with so many things to do. The roofing business has NOT slowed down at all - one day they finished 4 houses. Ridiculous!! Papa is so tired - he can't wait for November so he can finally shut the roofing business down. But then, guttering has to begin. We haven't checked that list or even updated it for sometime but I am sure it is a long list also. However, he has made some major headway or his L2. He put the canopy or cover on the fuselage ( don't know the technical term) but I did get to see how the fabric shrinks by simply ironing it. There was so much excess fabric it was hard to believe it all shrunk up and is perfectly tight now. Very cool. Today, Papa but a coating of the "goop" on it to seal it but there is more of that to come. Making some major progress. We're anxious to fly north to see the K-Kids and get away from the farm. Papa is hoping to hunt some ducks too. We miss seeing the other K-Kids in Kansas but hope to see them very soon too. Yesterday, I had a horse trimmer come to the farm to trim Blackie and the Donkey. I have never seen anyone work so fast. He literally flew around Blackie's 4 feet and then started on Donkey. (Who is usually a major pain to trim). He trimmed all 4 feet without incident - and never moved a muscle. I told Corey he must have put him in some type of hypnotic trance. If I hadn't seen it - I wouldn't have believed it! Maybe Donkey has turned over a new leaf. :)



The finished product after the heat shrinking.


Papa doing the initial spot ironing to shrink the fabric on each side of the fuselage.

I hauled my stained glass stuff to the hangar and Papa and I worked on our hobbies together. Was really fun.




Getting started on putting the cover on.





1 comment:

momof4 said...

I am always amazed by your airplane's transformation. Glad to see you guys were at least playing together in the same state :)