Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Royal Experience!

Typed my blog and then added pictures, came out all out of order!! Oh well, anyway we had lots of fun in the Big Town!!
The Game with the White Sox.




Royals Fireworks


The John Deere tractors at the farm.

Grandpa and Bernie - Jo took this when we went over to see how they were.





Aviation Workshop


Last friday, Bruce and I headed to Kansas City for an EAA aviation seminar on sheet metal. But first, Bruce had to fly the 182 to Bevan Rabell where Eric works so he could do an annual on our plane. After I picked him up in our Expedition, we headed on to Kansas City. But first we gave Bruce's sister,Jo a call and met in Emporia for meal and a visit. Was great as always seeing her. Luv that girl!! On to KC !! It was such a beautiful day, we decided to go ahead and go to the KC Royals game. It was Girls Night Out so I got a cool t-shirt and to top it off they had a wonderful fireworks show after the game. Oh yea, The Royals won too.... No wind, 70 degrees - a perfect night.

The next day, I took Bruce to his workshop at 7:30 a.m. and then I went to Quilters Station, a great quilt shop!! I was there from 9:30 to 12:30 and came out with too much fabric.... Wait - is there such a thing as too much fabric!! It was a rainy and actually pouring, so I went shopping at the Bass Pro Shop and found some cute tops for the girls!! I should have taken a picture to put on my blog, but I forgot, Oh well, trust me - they are really cute!! I was so tired from shopping, I went back to the room and took a nap for 30 minutes until the maid came to the door to clean the room. So I got up and left to pick up Bruce... He did some really cool stuff at his workshop and learned to use lots of expensive tools. I'm sure we'll be purchasing some of them!! :) We decided to not go to the Royals game since it was cold and rainy, so we looked for a place downtown at the plaza. Decided it was too astute for us - so we went to Cracker Barrel. The Plaza had beautiful fountains and statues and I wanted to go to the Art Museum there but ran out of time. Maybe next time, I'll do that!! We had a lot of fun!!





1 comment:

momof4 said...

Glad you guys had a little mini vacation. You can NEVER have to much fabric!!!! K-girl and K-sis even picked some out on our vacation :)