Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another STORMY night

in Barber County......

Man, was it WILD last night. Bruce and I were running from one window to another checking to see what the weather was doing.  Looking out toward our neighbor to the southeast we saw a tornado forming and dropping down. About that time we could hear the sirens going off in Hardtner. I haven't heard how everyone faired, but I don't think it ever touched the ground.

 Over Blake's house!
You can't tell here, but you could see the rotation and the movement with the naked eye.

Meanwhile, I decided I better check the other side of the house to make sure we weren't gonna be ambushed by another storm. The sunroom makes for a great place to check the weather, but I didn't like the looks of that black wall cloud.... so we gathered up Emmy and L.T. and went to the cellar. Penny wouldn't budge from the security of the house! I decided I need just one more picture, opened the door, and L.T. bolted out of the door into the oncoming storm. I yelled for him, but he wouldn't come so off we went to the cellar - with only Emmy. After 15 - 20 minutes of hail and wind, we came up for a "Look See" and it was still hailing, I went to find Penney and L.T. was on the deck covered in Icey remnants of the hail. We felt so BAD!  We let him in, dried him off, and he finally settled down!


On the west side of the house. An ugly wall cloud!

Just a word to the wise! Do NOT trust those weather radios. Ours never went off when we saw the tornadoes, but yet it will go off 2 counties away for alerts. Go figure!  Anyways, Bruce is out doing a few repairs, and I haven't heard of the fate of the wheat or anyone else. We're heading to Medicine Lodge here soon, and I know they had a tornado too around Lake City. I tried to upload a video here, but I'm not a patient person, so if you want to see it, I posted it on Facebook. What a night!! Glad that's over.....